Let me tell you the sequence of the event:
- 4.30 pm - Aku baru selesai mandi, menuju ke bilik tidur aku. A few minutes after that, my mom called me and showed me she have repaired the water heater switch (mak aku mmg terer bab2 repair barang elektrik nih)
- 4.35 pm - Went straight to my bedroom, duduk atas katil, this was when the incident took place. My left kneecap was dislocating on its own while i was trying to sit on my bed. Aku menjerit terus panggil mak aku, luckily my mom was near me, dengan pantas dia papah aku utk duduk. Sakitnya masa tuh Tuhan je yg tahu, tak dapat nak di describe kan. I managed to sit on the bed with my left leg kept straight vertically, but still my kneecap was not in the right location. It took about 15 minutes for me to properly sit on the bed. Mak aku nampak sedikit panik sebab tak pernah berhadapan dengan situasi mcm ni, tapi I told her not to panic, i had experienced this, its not bone fracture or any near it, it was just a kneecap dislocation.
- 4.50 pm - I called my husband, 2/3 times call tapi tak berjawab, usually pon if he was in office, dia mmg jarang angkat phone, sibuk katanya. 2 minutes after that, he called me back. Cerita kat dia what had happened, and he went straight home and told his boss he had an emergency. Meanwhile, while waiting for my husband to arrive, my mom sempat lagi masak sosej utk aku masa aku tgh sakit2, tanak bagi perut kosong. Huu..terima kasih ma, ure the best.
- 5.15 pm - Husband arrived. sampai2 je dia cakap die nak tolak sendiri kneecap aku masuk, tapi aku ckp NO, aku tak tahan sakit. Dia pon mcm tak keruan, sedikit panik, and he decided to go the the nearest clinic utk pggl doctor dtg tgk aku. But unfortunately, the doc could not entertain me sebab dia sorang je at that time dekat clinic, no back up doc, so the best he could do was to give me a very light painkiller, sebab painkiller is so dangerous for pregnant women.
- 5.30 pm - Husband was back from the clinic with the painkiller. He said i need to take this painkiller, and put some ice on my injured knee, so that when i felt tingled, he could push the kneecap in the right location. after letak ais and makan painkiller, still i could not help myself to be brave enough to let my husband do it. At the end, my husband called 999 utk pggl ambulance angkat aku pergi nearest hospital which is Hospital Serdang.
- 7.15 pm - The ambulance arrived. Ada 2 medical officer dtg utk assist aku. Apa yg dieorg buat firstly sarung kaki aku utk immobilized kan kaki aku, sebab kaki aku mmg totally tak boleh gerak, if gerak jawabnye menjerit la aku kat situ. And then they put me on the stretcher and brought me to the ambulance. My sister accompanied me along the way to the hospital. Husband follow naik kereta dari belakang. First experienced dapat naik ambulance and it was awesome! hahaha. tak lah. tapi mmg laju la dengan bunyi sirennye, sungguh mendebarkan suasana.
- 7.30 pm - Arrived at Hospital Serdang. I was pushed to the emergency room and aku ternampak papan tanda 'Kecemasan - Separa Kritikal'. Mcm tak percaye rase. Sampai situ, datang lah beberapa doctor yg semuanya kelihatan sungguh muda sekali, so I assumed they must be medical student yg tgh buat housemanship. They did some simple assessment on my knee, tekan2, picit2, and lastly they told me to wait for Ortho doc to arrive and examine me. FYI, my kneecap sebenarnye dah pon masok balik dekat soket masa aku sampai dekat hospital. Bila entah die in the right location aku sendiri tak perasan. Tapi rasa sakit tuh dah tak ade mase sampai emergency room. I was asked to take some pills, but then my husband told them, i just took the painkiller an hour before, so no need anymore medication.
- 8.30 pm - The ortho doc arrived. She looks young, i guess around mid 30's. She examined my left knee and lastly balut kaki aku pakai kain utk temporary support kaki aku. i was given a week MC and asked to come to see her again next week on Monday.
- 10.00 pm - I was discharged from the emergency ward.
Below are some of the pictures taken by my husband. Utk kenangan kate nye. Haha
My dislocated knee (left knee)
Me, with baby inside the emergency room
My left knee after being treated by the ortho doc at hosp. Serdang